Gmail is an excellent email client, and one of the most popular email services in the world. The service is completely free, and it allows you to receive emails from anyone across the world, in addition to providing you access to other Google services. With Gmail, checking your inbox is very easy, and all you need is an internet connected device. Below is a look at how to check gmail inbox from anywhere in the world.
How to check gmail inbox
1) Using the web interface
Gmail’s web interface is the most popular way of checking your email inbox. The interface can be accessed by an internet connected computer from anywhere in the world. Gmail has also increased the functionality of their website interface to allow people who use mobile phones with internet access to read their emails using them.
To check Gmail inbox using the web interface:
– Go to mail.google.com on your computer browser or m.gmail.com when using an internet-enabled phone
– Enter your username and password to sign in into your account
– Click on the “inbox” section to view all the emails you have received. The unread emails will appear will appear in bold. Click on the email to open and read the content.
2) Using a mobile app
The increased popularity of smartphones has seen mobile app developers release applications that allow smartphone users to access online services directly on their phones. These apps include email apps, which allow you to check your inbox on the go from anywhere in the world. There are several apps you can use to check your Gmail inbox, which include the Gmail App, the official app for Gmail. Others include Inbox by Gmail, GMX Mail, Email, myMail and many others.
To check Gmail inbox using a mobile app:
– Go to your phone’s app store (Google Play Store for Android devices and Apple App Store for iOS devices)
– Download and install one of the email apps, preferably Gmail by Google Inc.
– Launch the application on your phone and log into your account by entering your Gmail username and password
– All the received emails will appear on the app’s interface. Click on one of the unread emails to open and read the content
3) Using Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is another great way of checking your Gmail inbox without having to go to the web interface. It is part of the Microsoft Office package, which syncs with your Gmail account, allowing you to send and receive emails from your contacts on your desktop.
To check your Gmail inbox using Microsoft Outlook:
– Go to mail.google.com on your computer browser and log into your account
– Click on the settings icon located on the top right corner of the page, and then click on the “settings” button.
– On the settings page, click on the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab
– Scroll down the page to “IMAP Access” and enable IMAP (this will allow your Gmail account to sync with Microsoft Outlook, allowing you to access your inbox)
– Launch Microsoft Outlook on your computer
– Go to the “Add New Account” section and select E-mail account. Enter your Name, your gmail address, password, and then click “Next”. Microsoft Outlook will automatically connect to your Gmail account, allowing you to check gmail inbox.