If you’ve been a heavy Internet user in the last half decade or so, there’s a huge chance that you’re already using Gmail as your primary internet provider. And it’s easy to see why: it loads fast, provides a ton of features, and integrates well with a lot of other online services (including Google’s own products, like YouTube, Android, and others). Now, if you’re only getting on the Gmail bandwagon and asking “How do I open my Gmail inbox?”, fret not. The guide below will help you out in no time.
Open My Gmail Inbox on PC
What you’ll need beforehand: an Internet-connected PC and a registered Gmail account. If you still don’t have a Gmail account yet, make one at Gmail.com. A working (cell)phone number is highly recommended if you want to create an account.
1. To open your Gmail account, fire up your Internet browser of choice (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc.) and type in www.gmail.com in the address bar. This will take you to the email service’s main page.
2. The Sign In page can be accessed by clicking on the red Sign In box, on the upper right side of the page. This button is located next to the one labelled “Create an account.”
3. Once you click the Sign In button, you’ll be taken to the Log In page. First, you’ll be prompted for your email username; enter that and click on the Next button. Enter your password on the next prompt.
4. If you have 2-Step Verification in place (which is highly recommended if you want to make your account totally secure from hacking and security breaches), you need to have either the phone with the number you used in your registration on hand, or another email account that you chose as a backup email address.
5. 2-Step Verification will send a code either to your phone or backup email address, whichever you prefer. You need to input this code onto the Gmail prompt so that you will be allowed access to your account.
Open My Gmail Account on Android
What you’ll need beforehand: an Android phone (you need a Google account to set up Android) and an internet connection.
1. Make sure that you have the Gmail app on your phone. Download it from the Google Play store if you haven’t already. Or alternatively, use your phone’s mobile browser to access the Gmail homepage. Using the official app is easier and more convenient though.
2. Find the Gmail icon on your phone’s homescreen, tap on it, and wait for the app to load.
3. Voila! You’ll be taken to your Inbox immediately. The Inbox will be from the account that you used to set up Android.
4. If you want to add your other Gmail accounts to the app, simply click on the Menu icon and click on add account.
And there you go, some quick answers if you have the question “How can I open my Gmail inbox?” in mind. If you still have more questions, it’s best to look at Google’s official support pages for Gmail.